We are very pleased to report that we returned from Amsterdam, not only with cheese and a natty notepad (the latter courtesy of Royal Delft ), but with another Neptune to add to the collection we have at Wandsworth Bridge Road. They stand, like little Antony Gormleys, in various parts of the studio, pleading for a polish and some love and attention.
Galactica Star won her sixth award of the past year or so, testament to the successful cooperation with Heesen, Omega Architects and those clever guys at Van Oossanen who did things with the underwater lines that we don’t fully understand.
The full roll call reads :
- 2014 WORLD SUPERYACHT AWARDS – Best semi-displacement motor yacht above 45 m
- 2014 ARABIAN BUSINESS – Best luxury yacht
- 2013 PRIX DU DESIGN – Monaco Yacht Show
- 2013 LA BELLE CLASSE CREST – Yacht Club de Monaco
- 2013 NAUTILUS – BEST YACHT DESIGN – Yacht Design Magazine
- 2013 BEST OF THE BEST – Robb Report China
The photo here shows the Tracey Emin “Trust Me” neon installation in the Main Saloon. We felt her “My Bed” piece, somewhat unmade if you recall, was a good deal harder to integrate successfully into a superyacht interior.